With the conclusion of the inaugural NARAKA FEST 2021, players of NARAKA: BLADEPOINT can look forward to the upcoming Bruce Lee skins alongside the Fall Guys and Shadow Warrior collaborations and more. If any of that interests you but you’re not sure of the gameplay yet, good news: there’ll be a free weekend from 17 December 2021 to let you try the game for yourself. The free weekend will run from 17 December 2021, 08:00 PST to 21 December 2021, 08:00 PST. Rest assured that you won’t be matching up with long time players, as the matchmaking system will be divided between players who own the game, and those trying it for the first time.
The Bruce Lee crossover would certainly appear to be an excellent fit for NARAKA: BLADEPOINT, considering its high octane, melee-focused combat. Eight outfits inspired by his iconic films will be obtainable. The male representatives to sport these outfits will be Tarka Ji, Tianhai, Temulch, and Yueshan. The female characters won’t be missing out, with Viper Ning, Matari, Kurumi, and Valda getting costumes designed off Bruce Lee’s “unrestrained flowing movements and limitless martial prowess”.
Kurumi, Yueshan, Tianhai, and Valda will get their outfits from 14 December 2021, 11:00 CST / 13 December 2021, 19:00 PST, with the rest to follow. The Jeet Kune Do Nunchucks will be available with the first wave of outfits on 14 December, allowing you to mimic Bruce Lee’s fighting style. More events will roll out 17 – 20 December, with the holiday event offering troves for breaking boxes and completing quests. Slaying foes can reward you with XP, Battle Pass levels, or materials such as Spectral Silk, and loot boxes. Logging in during this period gets you the legendary Jingwu Nunchucks skin.
Game updates aside, battles for the NARAKA Global Championshipwere also held, with play-off rounds, 24 three-player teams and solo fighters vying for their spot in the NARAKA World Championship tournament. Catch the fights on Twitch!
Capping off the announcements, here are the highlights:
- Viper Ning to appear in Devolver Digital’s Fall Guys (without a grappling hook!)
- Raikou, NARAKA’s Katana skin, will be available in Shadow Warrior 3, while Shadow Warrior’s 3 Shuriken Spitter will appear in NARAKA.
- NARAKA FEST also hosted Mr. Wen Chenhua, the founder of Armor Forgers, a renowned Chinese armor restorer of the Tang and Song dynasties, and the designer of the armor in The Longest Day in Chang’an.
- “History in action in NARAKA” — 24 Entertainment and Armor Forgers collaborate together to make all in-game armor historically accurate.
- Yueshan will be receiving new apparel honoring the great power and majesty of the Terracotta Warriors.
- The Wuxia Crossover will also show off “The Legend of Sword and Fairy” and the “Xuanyuan Sword”. Naraka will carry on Meteor, Butterfly & Sword legacy.
- In March, Li Xiaoyao and three other characters will reunite in Naraka in an all-new fashion.