Token Drops are back for the rest of the Overwatch League 2020 season. The drops will be starting up this weekend, in time for the May tournaments in Asia and North America, for the fans watching on the Overwatch League website, mobile site and app. More information can be found on the official blog post.
Basically, fans with linked accounts will receive five League Tokens every hour – increased from previous years – for viewing live matches. How the token drops work in the 2020 iteration of the Overwatch League:
- Viewing time is tracked continuously, so if a fan watches 30 minutes in one session and returns later for another 30 minutes of viewing, that fan will get credit for that total accumulated hour.
- Viewing time only accrues by watching live matches on the Overwatch League website (desktop and mobile) and our mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- League Tokens will be available in player accounts after each completed hour of viewing.
- League Tokens can be used on all Overwatch platforms (PC, PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch).
To earn and redeem League Tokens, fans on supported platforms need to:
- Create or log in to your Blizzard account on the Overwatch League website or app
- Watch a live stream of a match during the promotion period
Redeeming League Tokens for in-game items requires viewers to have a valid Overwatch game license, with Xbox One and Playstation 4 players also needing their Xbox Live or Playstation Network account linked to their Battle.net account.
All 20 Overwatch League teams will be in action this week for the May tournaments, featuring a six-figure prize pool and standing stakes in both the Asia and North America brackets. Play begins 22 May Pacific Time. Find the schedule here.