Electronic Arts has just announced that the latest edition to the Need For Speed franchise, Need For Speed Unbound, will have players feel the thrill of the race and the rush of the chase as the game features 4K resolution at 60 FPS, which is the first in the series and it launches to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X & S, and PC via EA app, Origin, Steam and Epic Game Store on 2nd December 2022.
Need for Speed Unbound will have players worldwide in the driver seat of their own street racing fantasy as they outsmart cops and prove they have what it takes to win The Grand, Lakeshore’s ultimate street racing challenge.
The game will feature an all-new, unique visual style of street art with realistic looking cars in the franchise’s history. The single player campaign will deliver thrills and consequences through an immersive narrative that engages players in the city of Lakeshore as they race, collect, upgrade, and customise the word’s hottest performance cars on their way to the top of the scene.
Creative Director at Criterion Games – Kieran Crimmins says that “Need For Speed Unbound is all about self-expression, taking risks and disrupting the status quo by just being you – through your racing style, unique car builds, fashion, music and much more. We are inspired to create a truly authentic universe where players see themselves represented in the game. The visual experience of Unbound redefines expectation, with a new signature art-style that brings graffiti to life, intensifies the competition, and creates adrenaline-inducing, high speed action”.
Need for Speed Unbound introduces true consequence with impactful risk and reward for every race, decision and side bet made. Players are able to uncover the world of Lakeshore when a robbery at a family auto-shop tears two friends apart and sets a rookie racer on a journey to win the ultimate street race and reclaim the priceless car that was stolen from them.
Need for Speed Unbound features:
- The World is Each Player’s Canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a new art style as players ride through the city equipped with a brand-new toolkit of high-energy visual and sound effects, like Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with style-based boost, reflecting how they drive.
- Run the Streets: The more players race, the more heat they build up. Choose to outdrive or outsmart cops using new escape mechanics to take control of the chase to earn big rewards or even bigger consequences for getting busted.
- Self-Expression and Style: Hundreds of cosmetic items including exclusive licensed gear from some of the world’s pioneering fashion innovators and custom automotive gear companies give players endless options to not only kit out their car but show off their personal style in game.
- Find Freedom in the Flow: Ride to a genre-defying soundtrack of trailblazing artists from the world of hip-hop led by multi-hyphenated artist, entrepreneur, actor and fashion icon A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE, including the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Sh*ttin’ Me”.
- Takeover Scene featuring A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky will appear in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable precision driving mode that brings together the community to take over parts of the city and celebrate driving with style over pure speed. AWGE also functioned as creative consultants on the game.
Need for Speed Unbound is available for pre-order through 29th November 2022, and the pre-order will feature an exclusive pack of Unbound content, including a driving effects pack, decals, license plate, banner artwork, stickers and $150,000 Bank in their wallet when they first join multiplayer and more.
Need for Speed Unbound is priced at $69.99 while the Palace Edition, a deluxe offering created in partnership with Palace Skateboards, will offer players exclusive content, including four stunning custom cars, a clothing pack, driving effect, decals and license plate, character pose and banner artwork will be available at $79.99.
Discussion about this post