Developed by Nimbus Gaming, Malice is a first-person 2-player co-op survivor horror, where the players must cooperate to survive.
The story of Malice takes place in Edo Era Japan. The protagonists have accidentally fallen into a mysterious place while visiting the Miryoku-Ji Temple in a town called Kamakura. They are now lost in this strange space beneath the old Japanese hidden mansion, and the resentful spirits hibernating in the dark are gradually awakening.
The only way out is to explore, work together to solve the puzzles, and escape. Players must count on their observation and reasoning skills, and communication with their partner to solve puzzles in various fictional locations set in the Edo era.
Here are the key features:
- 2-Player Cooperative Play – Malice is a co-op compulsory horror game and the puzzles are meant to feature a cooperative twist.
- Creepy Atmosphere – Discover a frightening space filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing moments.
- Edo Era Locations – Explore various fictional locations set in the Edo era (17th-19th century). Uncover the secret behind traditional Japanese props, clues, and art.
- Challenging Puzzles – Get ready to solve nightmarish puzzles with your companions, by thinking logically, laterally, decrypting, navigating, and exploring.
- Unique Storyline – Malice will have 3 chapters, with each chapter containing more than 1 hour of gameplay and puzzles. Story elements are revealed through hand-drawn cutscenes and interaction with various characters.
The game was designed by real-life escape room designers to emulate the real-life experience but is unrestricted by the physical constraints of the real rooms.
Malice will arrive on PC via Steam on the 3rd of November 2022.