Ubisoft has announced today that Operation Wind Bastion, the fourth and last season of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 3, is now available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. It includes 2 new Operators and the new Fortress map.
Operation Wind Bastion comes with 2 new Operators from Morocco:
- Nomad, the Moroccan Attacker. Her main focus is the use of her Airjab launcher. The Airjabs are sticky, proximity triggered air blast grenades that knocks down opposing Operators.
- Kaid, the Moroccan Defender. He serves as a counter to hard breachers with his Rtila electroclaw. With it, he can electrify all metallic objects in proximity which includes reinforced walls and deployable shields.
The Fortress map sits in the Moroccan mountains which functions as a military training site. Furthermore, the map is also Kaid’s home. Inspired by Moroccan architecture, the Fortress features various strategic points such as an accessible roof and many flanking routes.
In addition to new content, Operation Wind Bastion introduces new updates on the following:
- A redesigned in-game shop that helps improve user experience.
- Updated throw curves. The new values help make throwable gadgets much easier to use. All throwables except the Nitro Cell will use the new curve values.
- An optional Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad. This feature aims to help new players better understand a gadget’s area of effect. Players can turn it off in the game’s settings.
- Playlist changes made to Ranked Map and Casual Map pools.
Esports related updates
Players can now acquire matching BDU and Headgear for specific Operators in support of their favourite Pro League team. 30% of the sales of both BDU and Headgear got to the respective organizations.
On the other hand, qualifiers for The Six Invitational 2019 for the APAC region will take place on the 8th of December. Currently, only 1 slot remains for the APAC region. Interested players and teams can sign up for the APAC online qualifiers for a chance to advance to the Six Invitational.
Finally, players who own the Year 3 pass can start playing with the new Operators. All other players can unlock the Operators using Renown or R6 Credits starting from December 11th.