We learnt some things about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint from Game Director Bogdan Bridinel previously, and now we can experience the game for ourselves when the beta begins!
The closed beta will be from 5 – 8 September. PC and Xbox users can preload the game now, while PS4 will need to wait till noon. Those who pre-ordered the game, participants of the Online Technical Tests and randomly selected registrants from the beta page will be able to access the closed beta.
Closed beta players will be able to participate in Man Down, a special in-game charity event aimed at raising money for NGO Child’s Play. Team up in co-op and revive and protect teammates. The more who play, the more Ubisoft will donate!
Access several provinces and missions to explore solo or up to four player co-op. Play through two Operation Greenstone missions from the main storyline, Auroa Missions that has side missions that lets you learn more about the island and its inhabitants, and Faction Missions that includes eight new missions a day.
Test your strength in Drone Areas. Face off the small, swarming, flying Murmur drones. Aamons are mid-sized land drones. Watch out for the huge, heavily armoured Behemoths too, with the firepower to match their size.
Ahead of Breakpoint‘s release, we also have information on the game’s Post-Launch plans for Year 1. It will kick off with Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2 and 3 every 4 months. The episodes will contain hours of new content, such as a new Adventure, end-game content (raid and updates), Faction Missions, PvP updates and regular new content.
- New Adventures: Story-driven content that expands the main story
- New End-game content: Look forward to the Project Titan Raid in Episode 1. Explore an active volcano in the Auroa archipelago and use all the skills you’ve learnt to tackle this repeatable raid, suited for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Ever evolving factions over time, along with narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, providing context and character development. Tackle daily Faction Missions with objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Year 1 will see three new classes, starting with the skilled hacker Engineer.
- Live Events: VIPs will be helping Nomads out against new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available each Year 1 episode and will last a month.
- PvP Updates: New maps and updates will keep players on their toes!
- Regular New Content: Get new missions, activities and unlockables each new episode.