Operation Void Edge is now available in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege! The first season of Year 5 of the game is now available for Playstation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. New Operators, the Dutch Iana and Jordanian Oryx, will be joining the crew. Other changes include the reworked Oregon map, and Ash receiving a full Lara Croft set based on the titular Tomb Raider character.
Year 5 pass owners can play with these new Operators immediately. Other players will be able to unlock the Operators from 17 March using Renown or R6 Credits. Additional seasonal new content, such as the Oregon map rework, is available free for all players.
In Operation Void Edge, players will meet two new Operators:
- Iana is the new Attacker from the Netherlands who uses the Gemini Replicator, a remotely-controlled holographic copy of herself. When she deploys it, she can scout ahead with little to no consequences. It can move and produce sound like she would, but it cannot shoot, melee or use secondary gadgets. The Replicator has a time limit or can be exited at any time. The Replicator is all about fooling Iana’s opponents as well as collecting information. If the Gemini is spotted and destroyed by a Defender, it can help Iana deduce the threat’s location, but it will buy her opponents a few precious seconds to reposition.
- Oryx, the new Defender from Jordan’s signature move is the Remah Dash. Its speed allows him to roam efficiently and cover short distances with unprecedented swiftness. It can also be used to knock down opponents. Oryx can also dash through breakable walls, creating a wide opening. Though, he loses health every time the Remah Dash is used for breaching. Additionally, Oryx has the unique ability to interact with broken hatches. He can climb straight through for a quick rotation, or he can hang on the edge to peek or wait for the perfect moment to go up. As long as he’s hanging, Oryx can also opt to drop down if the climb seems too dangerous.
Oregon gets reworked in this newest update, with more open and structured areas. There are also new points of access and rotation. Big Tower now directly connects to Kitchen, while a new area in the basement leads to the first floor. Some doors have also been removed.
Additional Operation Void Edge updates include the following:
- Barricade debris consistency: partially breaking a barricade with a weapon or a melee hit will now create much smaller debris.
- Attacker’s drone spawn: the drone will now always spawn on the same side of the building as the one the player first chose its operator to spawn from.
- Player Hub Changes: The Play Section is getting revamped.
- Lesion and Twitch changes: Lesion will no longer be able to see his GU Mines through obstructions, and when an opposing Operator steps on a GU, there will no longer be any initial damage. However, each tick’s damage has been increased from 4 to 6. On Twitch side, her Shock Drone will now start with three shots, but it will have a cooldown. Its firing power has also been reduced to 1 point of damage.
- Operators price decrease: Mira and Jackal’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Lion and Finka’s go down to 15,000 Renown or 350 R6 Credits, while Mozzie and Gridlock’s costs will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Void Edge Weapon skins: Three new seasonal weapon skins will be available this season, each with their own unique style. First, the sleek Saber Carve. Second, the playful Clog Dance and third, the colorful River Scale.
- Year 5 Pass: The Year pass includes access to six new Year 5 Operators and six new exclusive headgears and uniforms for them. Players will also get the same VIP perks as always. As a thank you gift to Year 4 Pass owners, who renew their Pass for Year 5, we also offer 600 R6 Credits, as well as 2 Legendary and 3 Epic Alpha Packs.
Finally, a new elite set has also been added for Ash: Tomb Raider. Ash will don the identity of Lara Croft, and she’ll do the work that entails: jumping headfirst into danger for the greater good. Explore every corner of every map with Ash’s Lara Croft uniform, headgear, victory animation, gadget and weapon skins.
Once more into the breach, into the Void Edge, in Rainbow Six Siege.