One of Star Wars‘ most iconic characters, R2-D2 is now available as a Tamagotchi toy thanks to a collaboration between Bandai and Disney. Check out the trailer for the adorable device here:
As a virtual pet toy, players will have to raise and take care of R2-D2. The droid can get stronger, learning various skills and take on mini-games.
Currently, the product is available in two variants, R2-D2 classic and R2-D2 hologram. It is priced at 2,130 yen (around 19.50 USD) and is expected to ship on November 13, 2021.
- Train R2-D2 to master various skills with STAR WARSTM R2-D2 TAMAGOTCHI
- Take care of R2-D2 by keeping him charged and clean and by playing two mini-games (firefighting and Dejarik “holochess”)
- There are 19 skills for R2-D2 to learn and 7 mini-games for him to unlock, depending on his skill level
- Make sure you keep your R2-D2 happy. If you neglect him for too long, the Jawas may take him away!
- Comes with 1 Star Wars R2-D2 Tamagotchi with classic white R2-D2 shell on a chain to take with you everywhere! Also available with a blue hologramR2-D2 shell. Batteries (2xLR44) included. For Ages 8+
You can make your own pre-order on Amazon.
In order related news, Bandai recently announced Ultraman and Kamen Rider versions of their Vital Bracelet virtual pet and fitness tracker device.