Project GAMM will be a new fantasy action game for console from Cygames, according to the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. From Gematsu’s write-up, Project GAMM will be directed and produced by Kenichiro Takaki, known for Senran Kagura. Alongside him will be illustrator Mogmo, composer Shirou Sagisu – Bleach, SSSS.Gridman / SSSS.Dynazenon – and designer Kiyoshi Arai – Final Fantasy XII, Lost Sphear.
Information known so far includes:
- You can fight in flashy and exciting player-versus-player action battles.
- The game is set in a world of magic and machines—and the machines are powered by magic.
- The protagonist may possibly be a young mage.
- There is also a maid, a robot, and a knight. Almost everyone is playable and plays a central role.
- Multiplayer is at the game’s core.
The screenshots apparently may give off the impression of being a one-versus-many action game, but the game itself will be mainly player-versus-player. It will be quite curious to know what this game could be, which is presumably a new IP, and not a Granblue Fantasy spin-off. Development for Relink has been moved in-house and is currently slated for a 2022 release window, making GAMM the second project they would be working on. Cygames isn’t a stranger to doing collabs between their properties, so maybe we might be able to see a teaser sooner or later.