The new Phasmophobia update has gone live, adding the Hantu ghost based on South East Asian culture.
In a Steam forum post, developers Kinetic Games announced several of the new features coming to the game, including two new ghost types.
The new ghost types coming to Phasmophobia are the South East Asian Hantu, as well as the Japanese Yokai.
Kinetic Games haven’t elaborated on how the Hantu ghost type would work, though it sports a pretty familiar design for anyone who’s enjoyed South East Asian horror.
Here’s the full list of new content in the update, as per the patch notes:
- Added a new ghost type Yokai.
- Added a new ghost type Hantu.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a 3 star ghost photo”.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a Dirty Water photo”.
- Added a way to reset corrupt save files. This is a very rare occurrence, if you get this please join our discord and ask for help.
- Added a profanity filter for user and server names. Please report if your name is not offensive and is being caught by this.
- Added a sell button in the item store that will give you back 50% of the price.
- Added text to show the name of the level below the map in the truck.
- Added a confirmation timer if you change your resolution.
- Added a new small house map called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside and has been designed around hiding behind furniture.
Phasmophobia is a horror game on PC, which uses speech recognition technology to force you to take a more active role in hunting spirits.