Monster Hunter World: Iceborne will be running two concurrent collaborations! Play the Raccoon City Collaboration on 8 November, and the Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds Special Collaboration on 22 November!
Raccoon City Collaboration (8 November 2019 0:00 UTC – 5 December 2019 23:59 UTC)
Obtain S.T.A.R.S. Badges to look like Leon or Claire with unique full armour sets: Leon α+ and Claire α+ and more. You will need to be MR 20 or higher. Head to the Rotten Vale to slay a Blackveil Vaal Hazak.
Effluvium-tainted effects in this event quest – RE: Return of the Bioweapon – will not result in effluvial buildup. It will inflict a new “zombified” status effect, thus Effluvia Resistance has no effect during the quest. Cure yourself of Zombified by gathering the special quest item “green herbs”. Find the rare “red herb” to combine with a green herb for an item with even stronger effects. Collect as much as possible to prepare against zombification!
Zombification limits mobility and nullifies regular healing effects. However, you can recover health automatically, but slower when your weapon is drawn. You’ll get unique zombie-like movement and damage reactions are negated. You might be able to use the zombie status to your advantage!
You can get several rewards from this collaboration:
- Raccoon City: Zombify: “Zombify” yourself at the drop of a hat! It’ll put you in a “zombified” gesture state where you can move around freely. It does not have the benefits of the actual status effect. On use, the name will be replaced with Raccoon City: Unzombify to turn you back to normal. You can also dodge roll when on a quest to remove the gesture effect.
- Raccoon City: Zombie Bite: Lunge forward to bite like a zombie! It can even slightly damage monsters in your way. This gesture can be performed any time, but loses some strength when not zombified.
- Full Armour Sets
- Complete the event quest to obtain S.T.A.R.S. Badges to craft the full armour sets Leon α+ and Claire α+. These sets also have “Zombie & Effluvia Res” to negate zombification and effluvial buildup.
- R.P.D.: A pendant modeled after the Raccoon City Police badge
- Umbrella: A pendant modeled after the Umbrella Corporation’s logo
- The Tofu Survivor: A pendant that talks when you draw your weapon in certain situations
- Room Decor
- Get special Raccoon City room decor by completing the event quest. Your Seliana room can be converted into a slightly more “evil” residence. Two Raccoon City Collaboration BGM songs will be obtainable for the music player.
- Some are also obtainable through completing delivery requests at the Resource Center, so do it multiple times.
Guild card content is also available as part of the Raccoon City Collaboration bonuses:
- Guild Card Background (1 type)
- Poses (2 types)
- Expressions (1 type: turns character skin to zombie skin)
- Titles (5 types)
Winning Designs Quests (8 November 2019 0:00 UTC – 5 December 2019 23:59 UTC)
Event Quest: Every Hunter’s Dream II
- Craft the winning Palico equipment design, Wiggler Set α+
- Requires MR 6 or higher
- Coral Highlands
- Objective: Capture a Coral Pukei-Pukei
Event Quest: Every Hunter’s Dream III
- Craft the winning hunter weapon design, the Black Eagle charge blade
- Requires MR 9 or higher
- Objective: Hunt all target monsters
Special Collaboration – Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (22 November 2019 0:00 UTC – 9 January 2020 23:59 UTC)
Event Quest: Into the Frozen Wilds
- Obtain Banuk Warrior Symbols to craft the Stormslinger Prototype light bowgun and Focus pendant.
- Requires MR 24 or higher
- Hoarfrost Reach
- Objective: Hunt a Zinogre
Round 1 rewards include:
- Crafting materials for the Stormslinger Prototype light bowgun
- Obtain materials to upgrade this weapon to upgrade this weapon in a new collaboration quest planned for December
- Focus pendant
- Guild card content
- Backgrounds, poses, titles
- Obtain pendants to decorate your weapon