If you’re one of the newer players lured by the siren call of free gacha pulls in Granblue Fantasy, then welcome to learning how to with this basic resource guide! Some of these can be good reminders for veterans as well, so might as well take a look, but this is more geared to beginners.
Why start now?
If you have any intention at all to spend money in this game, RIGHT NOW is one of the better times to start, other times being during “Gala” or other seasonal periods. You will be able purchase a Beginner’s Draw Set, which will appear every month until you actually buy it. A Beginner’s Draw Set will contain:
- One 10-draw ticket
- One Pick Ticket
The Pick Ticket will allow you to select ANY ONE (1) item listed, including limited characters at time of account creation.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RUSH PLAYER RANK. THE QUALITY OF YOUR GRID MATTERS MORE THAN YOUR RANK. Later raids will require minimum contributions to get anything significant so it’s best to be stronger first.
Resources to keep in mind
There are a quite few resources within the game you can juggle. This includes:
- Rainbow crystals and draw tickets
- Used primarily in gacha
- Used in rupie gacha, upgrading/uncapping characters and weapons, etc.
- Casino chips
- Spend in the Jewel Resort Casino
- Event specific currencies
- Tokens, medallions, valor badges, unique event items
- Arcarum tickets
- Restores daily and one is consumed each time you do a path in Arcarum. Solo quests only, with no support summons. More mid-game content
- Elixirs and soul berries
- Elixirs restore AP which you use to start quests. Full elixirs are also used to revive your party if you fall in raids where applicable
- Soul berries/balms restore EP which you use to join raids
- Moonlight stones are used to uncap SR summons
- Sunlight stones are more precious, and are used to uncap SSR summons
- Steel bricks uncap SR weapons. Usually used to uncap SR gacha weapons to reduce
- Damascus ingots uncap SSR weapons. Usually saved for weapons marked as Grand/gacha weapons
- Gold bricks can also uncap SSR weapons but is not recommended. There is something more important to use these on
- Bronze, silver and gold books all can be used to level up characters
- Used to uncap characters
- Gives over limit masteries to characters, basically additional stats
- Lazuline levels up weapons, while Scarlet levels up summons
- Buys various items in the Moon shop. Bronze moons are from repeat R characters, Silver from SR characters and Gold from SSR characters. You can also buy one of each moon monthly from the Pendant shop.
- Cerulean stones
- Buys various items in the Cerulean Stones shop. Obtained from gacha banner rollovers, if you have spent rainbow crystals or real money on the previous banner.
- Otherwise known as “Class Points” / “Job Points” in Japanese, these are used to unlock classes or extended mastery points
- Obtained from raids to exchange for items in the Pendants shop
- Journey Drops
- Obtained by spending AP. Spent on temporary boosts.
Spending Elixirs and Berries/Balms
First, refer to “The GBF Handbook” you will see as you scroll down your home page. To start off easy, you can select the first build in any element you are most interested in. Otherwise, choose the first Omega build to get an idea of what to work on first for the longer term. Selecting an item will show you where to obtain it. You can also go to the Raids tab, and select the Raids List button towards the top right to see what raids you can host.
You can tag up to three raids, and save up to five raids in Pending Battles, so use your EP here. You can try to maximise your drop rates with “Bounty” skills and drop rate boosts. You can also go to the Journey Drops shop for item drop rate boosts.
If there are event quests, you should do the highest possible level you can clear for the most resources. There will be both solo quests and raid quests where you can call for backup.
You can do co-op quests, as first clears provide some rainbow crystals, and finishing dailies provide mission points. 40 Mission Points will empty out the rewards shop, which includes a premium draw ticket so you can buy one every two weeks! Unlike the name, you can do these quests solo, but without support summon. If you aren’t strong enough, you should still ask someone to help anyway.
It would be best if you can unlock all classes as each of them will provide various bonuses when you reach max level with it, along with certain skills you can unlock to use with other classes. To start off, a beginner should strongly consider the Thief and Enhancer line, to eventually progress to Hawkeye and Dark Fencer pre-rank-101.
The Thief line will give you access to the “Bounty Hunter” skills, which increase your drop rate (to a maximum of 9. 10 is achievable only with a special weapon). The Enhancer line gives you access to “Stall” skills, which delays foes special attacks and is incredibly useful when solo.
Events with token boxes can earn you a lot of CP as you work on emptying the boxes. You can also earn a sum of CP each time you level up. Token boxes also contain rainbow crystals!
Extended Mastery Skills
For the Main Character, you should look to obtain all three stars in an extended mastery node for maximum efficiency. You should look to putting points in these nodes:
- Heal (if you use a healing class, can otherwise be ignored)
- Defense (can also be ignored unless you have extra points)
- Debuff Success
- Double/Triple Attack
- Total Party HP (where available)
- DMG Cap (where available)
You can also find Extended Mastery Skills, but for the most part, these can be put aside until you have more points and unlocked everything you require.
Characters also have Extended Mastery Points. However, unlike the Main Character, they only have a maximum of 18 nodes (maximum 28 with the Perpetuity Ring item). Maxing out a node is also not a necessity for characters, with exceptions for unique support skills where applicable. Generally, you would want these nodes where available (typically a maximum up to two stars):
- Double/Triple Attack
- Elemental Attack
- Boost to charge bar speed (all 3 stars)
- Debuff Success (all 3 stars)
- Damage cap nodes (all 3 stars)
Casino chips can be used at the Jewel Resort Casino. It contains resources in the Casino Cage that restore monthly, such as:
- Moonlight Stone
- Steel Brick
- Skill Jewel/Shard
- Half Elixirs (maximum 5 per day, remember to check back!)
- Soul Berries (maximum 10 per day, remember to check back!)
The best way to earn chips is through Poker, with playing the 2 Cards Higher-or-Lower. From 1 to 7, your odds are best when you bet Higher. From 9 to Ace, it’s Lower. 8 is the sole wild card, so if you prefer to play safer, then stop when you are dealt an 8.
Bronze and Silver Moons are usually used to buy Half Elixirs and Soul Berries. Gold Moons tend to get reserved to buy specific weapons (one copy, not uncapped), or Damascus Ingots. Cerulean Stones are usually spent on buying the most troublesome rare materials you don’t want to grind for, at your discretion.
Where possible, try to uncap characters with 5-stars (referred to as FLB). SSR characters at FLB have a maximum level of 100, while SR characters at FLB have a maximum level of 90. It usually takes a long time for them to hit max levels, so starting early is good. Do not discount SR characters, as some can match SSR characters in utility! Of course, that doesn’t mean SSR characters at FLB are definitely better than those who aren’t: it will depend on your team composition.
Weapons can go up to four, even five stars! However, getting a weapon to four-stars is locked to post rank 101. You can still think about keeping certain weapons, and also not spending precious Damascus Ingots on weapons you can find as drops in the game.
Sunstones should be focused more on SSR summons you get from the gacha. Some are especially rarer than others, as they are unavailable to be selected from regular Pick Tickets, and are thus typically the best options. It can differ depending on your preference. Moonstones should be spent on Carbuncle Series summons, which are useful throughout the game, keeping normally two or three.
Summon series unavailable from regular Pick Tickets are:
Last but not least, here are a couple of final notes. You can get Vessels automatically by going to the Settings, to the Miscellaneous tab. You won’t need to sort the angel weapons or summons, but you cannot use them until the vessel is full.
You may also get items with “+1” (or more). Mirage Munitions – blue for weapons/characters, red for summons – can boost stats of weapons/summons (up to +99) and characters (up to +300). These are commonly concentrated on what you most commonly use. You can remove them by scrolling to the bottom of the relevant character/weapon/summon and hitting “Reset Marks”, which will use rupies.
If you have any questions, it’s usually best to ask fellow players, like that of your crew (if you have joined an active one from doing the pinboard missions). You can also refer to the wiki, which tends to get overloaded during special campaigns. Good luck with your sky-faring journey, new captain, and may this Granblue Fantasy basic resource guide help you through!