Final Gear global open beta is out and as many new players are looking for a guide or two—the big question appears—who to reroll for?
The pilots in Final Gear are divided into 4 rarites—N, R, SR and SSR (UR will come in the future). Obviously, players will want to get the best SSR. However, one thing to note about Final Gear is:
Rerolling isn’t worth it
There is no quick re-rolling system like in KonoSuba: Fantastic Days. Instead, players will need to:
- Clear Mission 2-3 (skip all the dialogue)
- Claim all the rewards
- Pull from the Special Recruit banner and Pilot Recruitment banner. Use Marvel Accelerator to speed up the summon in pilot recruitment. If unhappy with the result, proceed to step 4.
- Uninstall the game
- Re-download the game
- Repeat step 1
Depending on how fast your internet connection is for downloading the game, it can take anywhere between 16 – 25 minutes. As a result, it’s not really worth it to reroll. You’ll end up progressing much faster if you play the game instead of trying to get lucky with rerolling.
Furthermore, the two SSR pilots with rate up in Special Recruit at the moment, Aya Kujyou and Rin Kamiuezono, are not as good as some of the other pilots—another reason why rerolling isn’t worth it.
However, if you do decide to reroll, here are the best pilots at launch:
- SR Shmily – The best healer in the game, even in future content. Makes the game easy. Even though she is SR, she is arguably more useful and a better investment than Nova.
- R Solveig – Better than the SSR Guardians (tanks) at launch. Since she is R-ranked, you don’t need to reroll for her—she’s easy enough to get through regular Pilot Recruitment.
Overall, this guide recommends you not to reroll in Final Gear. With UR rarity coming in the future and better SSR pilots coming as well, you might as well save your Crystals.
Special Novice Recruit
Another reason why rerolling isn’t necessary is that the game has the Special Novice Recruit banner. In this banner, you can make a 10 pull that guarantees an SSR and 2 SR pilots. The remaining 8 pilots are a mix between N and R pilots.
What makes this banner so useful (and rerolling so useless) is that you can keep repeating the 10 pull until you are satisfied with the results. Didn’t get the pilots you want? Just pull again at the tap of the button.
There is also no cost involved. You can pull the banner at any time without paying anything. However, once you make the pull, it is gone forever.
That said, only 5 SSR pilots can drop in this banner. They are:
- SSR Nia – A sniper. Deals more damage the lower her health is
- SSR Viorate – DPS that deals heavy critical damage. Can spam skill quite often
- SSR Sumora – A tank who can greatly reduce damage taken by the team
- SSR Danngo Kobayashi – Similar to Viorate, but slightly worse
- SSR Snowy – AOE damage dealer who can buff the entire team
Of the five, SSR Snowy is the best choice in the Special Novice Recruit banner. Great in the early game and will remain relevant even in later stages. SSR Viorate would be the second choice.
Unfortunately for the 2 SR pilots that drop in this banner, you cannot get SR Shmily. Here are our recommendations for the best SR pilots in this banner:
- SR Viola – A healer. Since you can’t get SR Shmily, this is the next best choice
- SR Natasha – DPS
- SR Margaret – Tank who can revive herself
An ideal pull would be SSR Snowy together with any two of the above SR pilots, and R Solveig.
That’s all for this Final Gear reroll guide. Whether you choose to reroll or not, it’s up to you. Ultimately, while some pilots are better than others, we at GamerBraves believe that waifu > meta, so choose the pilots that you love best.