Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed new details for its Playstation 5 / PS5 console design along with a deep lineup of brand new games to be heading to the platform. The PS5’s bold, two-tone design is a radical departure from its predecessors designs and will be arriving in two options at launch: a standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and a digital model without a disc drive.
The livestream showed not just the PS5 design, but also the lineup of games to define the next generation of gaming on the console. Most will launch as console or full exclusives on the platform, with the world’s most talented developers showcasing its potential to immerse gamers into worlds like never before.
Today’s livestream also provided fans with a first look at the new games that will define the next generation of gaming on PlayStation 5. Across dozens of titles, most of which are launching as console exclusives or full exclusives on PS5, the world’s most talented developers showcased the potential of the hardware, which will unlock rich experiences for gamers, bringing them deeper into extraordinary game worlds than ever before.
Expect richer and more beautiful worlds, more captivating worlds, with more seamless experiences.
“Today’s showcase is just a glimpse of what’s to come in the next generation, and we want to thank our community for taking this journey to PS5’s launch with us.”
Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE
Grand Theft Auto will be on the PS5, with enhanced and expanded versions of V and Online launching in the second half of 2021. This will mean technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements. A new standalone version of Online will be available with free access for all PS5 owners within the first three months of its launch. When the entitlement is claimed, the game will be theirs to keep, and a PS Plus membership will allow them to play GTA Online as much as they want. In addition, all GTAV PS4 owners will get GTA$1,000,000 every month until the PS5 version of the game launches in 2021.
SIE also announced a slate of new PS5 accessories to enhance the gaming experience, including:
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – offering 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones;
- HD Camera – featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments;
- Media Remote – a remote control with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease; and
- DualSense Charging Station – for convenient charging of two DualSense™ Wireless Controllers.
SIE will announce pricing and additional details for PlayStation 5 at a later date.
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners
- Astro’s Playroom(Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls(Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars(Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7(Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon The Forbidden West(Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales(Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart(Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure(Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 Games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax(Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil™ VILLAGE(Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray(Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard(Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless(Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)