On 9 October 2020, the winners of the TGS Media Awards 2020 were announced, which saw many of the biggest recent and upcoming games, including Genshin Impact, recognised accordingly. The awards were organised by four Japan-based gaming outlets, namely 4Gamer, V Jump, Famitsu and Dengeki. A public poll was held for Twitter users in Japan to participate in during the four days of the Tokyo Games Show 2020.
The following are the results from the over 6,400 votes that were cast in the public poll.
- Genshin Impact (miHoYo)
- Monster Hunter Rise (Capcom)
- Project Sekai Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku (Sega)
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (Capcom)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (Capcom)
- Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (Atlus)
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Koei Tecmo)
- Sakura Revolution (Sega)
- R-Type Final 2 (Granzella)
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa Heisei Reiwa mo Teiban! (Konami)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red)
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… (Square Enix)
- Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires (Koei Tecmo)
As you would be able to infer, Genshin Impact took first place, and that alone is quite the feat given that it is developed by a studio based in China. Of course, it comes as little surprise considering the game is the biggest to have come out of there.