Do you dream of making it big talking about videogames? Are your friends sick to death of you constantly sharing opinions like how the Battle Frontier needs to come back over lunch?
Well, you’re in luck. GamerBraves, Malaysia’s leading English games news site is hiring video editors. We’re looking for people who can work a camera on either end, being able to both present as well as edit their own content.
This position is a full-time, paid, in-office position based in Kota Damansara, and is only open to Malaysian residents over the age of 18, and a good command of the English language will be required.
Be sure to let us know if you have a specific platform you’re proficient in, too- GamerBraves publishes videos everywhere from TikTok to YouTube, and all types of expertise is valued here.
Interested? Be sure to send in your CV as well as a sample of your work (preferably game-related) as well as its target platform to hiring[at]gamerbraves[dot]com
Video Editor Full-Time Position
As a video editor, you’ll be working with our team to produce content for all things video games- be it videos about the latest happenings, stylish unboxings of the coolest swag or videos discussing games.
Naturally, you’ll need to be professional and organized to handle these tasks- while we don’t micromanage to the minute you will need to be able to deliver on deadlines in a timely manner.
We also expect some level of trend-awareness- content creation’s about striking while the iron is hot, and you’ll need to be able to make videos about what people are talking about if you wanna get your voice heard.
Don’t worry about things like equipment, though- on the hardware end, tools like cameras, lights and microphones are all readily provided for you.
You’ll need to be familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro or its equivalent software, though knowing how to use mobile-based editing software is also a plus.
If you have all of these traits, you’re in the clear:
- Work well individually and in a team
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Flexible enough to adapt to changing editorial needs
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro or its equivalent software
- Malaysian citizen
- Speaks English
- Over 18
The submission guideline is as follows:
- Email sent to hiring[at]gamerbraves[dot]com with the subject line “GamerBraves Video Editor Application”.
- A short writeup introducing yourself and your skillset
- Either links to a Google Drive folder or YouTube channel with samples of your work (Make sure it’s set to public so we can see it)
- If you have no prior experience, please submit a 1 minute video of you presenting about a new game that just came out
- A copy of your CV
Don’t worry about not having any job experience- we’re primarily looking for skill, and fresh graduates are encouraged to apply. If you’re a uni student looking for your internship placement, we accept those too.