Hot on the heels of its beta sign-up announcement, Diablo 4 revealed more things on the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 event, confirming the Necromancer as the game’s final playable class and a peek at the game’s systems. Whether more classes will be available, who can say now, considering the wording?
The gameplay showcase talks about how the title:
- “Melds monster slaying and loot collecting in a fully realized open world”
- “Player choice”
- Character customization which also includes switching around your playstyle
- Over 150 dungeons in the open world with no true linear path
- Strongholds being enemy territories you reclaim that can impact your world
- Dynamic events
- Shared world
- PVP specific zones, where you can become the mark everyone will pursue for loot
- End-game involving new items, dungeons, Paragon Boards
The game is slated for a 2023 release. The showcase itself claims that all these titles will be coming within the next 12 months which is pretty soon all things considered, when Blizzard Entertainment is reeling from backlash, the latest over the monetization of Diablo Immortal. Diablo 4 features a return to the more classic gothic horror aspect of Diablo, with the Necromancer joining the 4 previously revealed playable classes: the Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer and Druid. As far as we know, the game is next gen only alongside PC.
Discussion about this post