Fans of the hit anime series Demon Slayer, also known as Kimetsu No Yaiba, can look forward to the movie’s upcoming release in Southeast Asia. Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train will be showing in several countries across the region including Singapore, Malaysia and Myanmar.
According to regional distributor ODEX, the movie, titled Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train, will have screenings between November and February in Southeast Asia. The schedule is for selected countries in the region, with a mix of fan screenings as well as regular theatrical runs.
Singapore (exclusively via Golden Village)
- Uncut NC16 Fan Screening November 7th
- PG13 Fan Screening November 14th
- NC16 General Screening November 19th
- PG13 General Screening December 3rd
- NC16 and PG13 Fan Screenings With Merchandise December 26th.
Malaysia And Brunei (GSC and Mall Cineplex Exclusive)
- Fan Screening on December 5th (Malaysia Only)
- Fan Screening With Merchandise December 19th (Malaysia Only)
- General Screening starts February 4th
Vietnam (Galaxy Cinema Exclusive)
- Fan screening December 19th
- Fan screening with merchandise December 26th
- General screening January 9th
Indonesia, Philippines and Myanmar (CGV Cinemas, SM Cinemas, Mega Ace, jCGV Exclusive)
- Fan screening with merchandise in January
- General Screening starts in February
While some of these dates are more specific than others, they are ultimately still tentative and subject to change, especially as the world monitors the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic.
The movie opened in Japanese theatres last Friday, making 12.03 million USD on its opening day alone. This puts it at the highest grossing weekday opening for a movie in Japanese history.