Souls-like Metroidvania Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will be releasing digitally and physically for the Nintendo Switch on May 19, 2022.
The game is developed by White Rabbit and published by Serenity Forge, who also published Doki Doki Literature Club Plus. Epicsoft Asia is publishing the game in Asia.
Here is what players can expect from pre-ordering the physical version:
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Nintendo Switch Game
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Manual / Artbook
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Box
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife OST Download Link (QR Code)
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife Soundtrack CD
Here is what players can expect from the game:
• Expansive World – Travel across a massive world of over 20 beautifully rendered levels. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life and uncover their secrets.
• Metroidvania – Unlock unique movement and combat upgrades that open and expand the world.
• Character Classes – Choose from 7 playable classes, pick from over 100 talents in the skill tree, and multi-class to tailor the combat style to your preference.
• Incredible Bosses – Hunt 20 towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
• Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all-new challenge and master their new abilities.
• Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
• Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 30 weapons including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Customize how you wield them with a plethora of abilities and upgrades.
• Alternate Endings – Determine Sorun’s fate as you progress through the story by achieving certain goals and making key decisions along the way.
• Crafting – Scavenge, hunt and dismantle items you find throughout the world to create new and useful equipment for your struggle through Siradon.
• Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score that sets the tone for Death’s Gambit: Afterlife’s world with nearly 3 hours of evocative music composed by Kyle Hnedak.
Follow Serenity Forge on Twitter to stay updated on the game.
Discussion about this post