Doki Doki Literature Club Plus, the expanded version of visual novel Doki Doki Literature Club, has a release date of June 30, 2021. The psychological horror that took the internet by storm will be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
This was announced during the IGN Expo live stream earlier today. You can watch the announcement trailer here:
This expanded version features:
- 6 new Side Stories about friendship and literature, totaling hours of new content
- 100+ unlockable images including new game art, wallpapers, never-before-seen concept sketches, and more
- 26 total music tracks, including 13 all-new unlockable songs by Nikki Kaelar, plus special guests Jason Hayes and Azuria Sky
- A built-in DDLC music player to unwind with your favorite songs in a custom playlist, or loop a single track forever
- A high-fidelity visual upgrade with all artwork now in Full HD (1080p)
Switch, PS4 and PS5 owners also have the option of getting the premium physical edition of the game. It includes:
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive: Poem notebook inner coversheet
- 2” Character Standees – Set of 4
- Full Soundtrack Download Code – Printed on Floppy Shaped Card
- Vinyl Sticker Sheet – Set of 17 Stickers
- Doki Doki Literature Club Membership Card
- Exclusive Special Poem Written by Monika
Note that the physical edition of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus will only be shipped worldwide after its release date in June. You can pre-order the physical edition on publisher Serenity Forge’s website.