THQ Nordic has announced the next-gen upgrade for Biomutant, which will be launching September 2022. Biomutant on next-gen will allow for ultra-fast loading times, native 4k resolution, HDR support, and up to 60 FPS, available 6 September 2022.
The game will be available for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S at SRP $ 39.99 / € 39.99 / £ 34.99. Existing owners can enjoy a free upgrade ( Xbox to Xbox, Playstation to Playstation only ) to the enhanced version and utilize their old save files.
The PS5 version will have:
- Three different graphic modes
- Quality: 30 fps @ 4k resolution
- Quality Unleashed: 40+ fps, averaging 50-60 fps, up to 4k resolution
- Performance: 60 fps locked @ 1440p
- Haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, motion control, speaker sound
- Activity Cards
The Xbox Series X | S meanwhile:
- Three graphic modes
- 30 fps @ 4k resolution (1440p on Series S)
- 40+ fps, avg. 50-60 fps, up to 4k resolution (1440p on Series S)
- 60 fps locked @ 1440p (1080p on Series S)
Here’s a brief overview of the game:
BIOMUTANT® is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.
A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?