The inaugural 2KFest for 2020, a 24-hour global livestream event, will kick off today, bringing together the best of music, basketball, gaming and culture to celebrate the next generation of NBA 2K21. It will kick off 20 November at 16:00 GMT +8 until 15:59 GMT +8 the next day, featuring NBA and WNBA superstars and legends, musical talent and influencers from around the world, while offering exclusive giveaways through the day in the virtual extravaganza. Fans can tune in on the NBA 2K Twitter, with an additional livestream on YouTube.
“2KFest is a celebration of the culture that surrounds the game of basketball. Everything from the sport and the superstars, to the music and the fashion, this is our way to recognize the lifestyle that’s inspired us over the last two decades.”
“In a year that’s been marred by the widespread postponement and cancellation of live events, including sports and concerts, we are proud to bring this experience to our fans and celebrate everything we love about the game of basketball with the 2K community.”
Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing at NBA 2K
Ros Gold-Onwude will be your host alongside FIFA World Cup Golden Glove winner and current Real Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois. In a series of unique segments and interviews, NBA 2K21 cover athletes, Damian Lillard and Zion Williamson, along with Vince Carter, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Shaquille O’Neal, Candace Parker, Ben Simmons, and Jayson Tatum discuss how they’ve witnessed the sport influence and blend with other facets of basketball lifestyle, including fashion, art, music, and gaming with NBA 2K.
“My NBA career started around the same time as the first NBA 2K, and it’s really amazing to see how the culture has come to life and evolved within the series.”
“2KFest is a true global celebration of that lifestyle and the event is loaded with great content for everyone. I’m thrilled to help celebrate basketball’s impact on culture as part of this event.”
Vince Carter, 22-year NBA legend
Going beyond the court, and in a nod to the impact that music has long had in basketball culture and the 2K gaming experience, 2KFest also includes performances throughout the 24-hour event from some of the hottest artists in the world, including:
- ASIA – 88rising Presents: Rich Brian, NIKI, CHUNG HA, Dumbfoundead, Audrey Nuna
- UK/EUROPE – Aitch, A COLORS SHOW with Nayana IZ (UK), Captain Roshi (FR)
- AMERICAS – Quavo, Saweetie, Dame D.O.L.L.A, J.I The Prince of N.Y, Hotboii, YSB Tril
“I grew up around 2K so I’m hella excited to be a part of 2KFest this year.”
“The soundtrack is fire every year and the 2KFest performance lineup features some of the best in the game. My ICY girls and guys will be in the building and I’m super hyped to perform for them, the basketball and entire NBA 2K gaming community!”
Saweetie, multi-Platinum rapper, actress, and entrepreneur
2KFest will be hosted across three different regions around the globe, beginning in APAC, moving on to Europe and culminating in North America. The 2KFest APAC segment runs from 4:00 p.m. GMT+8 on November 20 through 10:00 p.m. GMT+8, and includes the following original programming and performances:
- Musical Performances: Tune in for 88rising Presents: Rich Brian, NIKI, CHUNG HA, Dumbfoundead, and Audrey Nuna.
- Evolution of Game: An engaging look at how the basketball experience has changed since 2010, both in NBA 2K21 and the NBA. Transitioning from hot highlights into an exclusive player panel, Kevin Durant, and Shaquille O’Neal discuss the impact 2K continues to have on their lives – from playing as a kid, to battling with teammates, to gaming in the 2020 “bubbles”.
- 2K MoCap: Motion capture technology – and the motion capture team – is one of the game’s true unsung heroes. With the help of Ben Simmons and Zion Williamson, this segment explores the magic behind-the-scenes: from the state-of-the-art studio to the dedicated team to the athletes who make NBA stars come to life, making NBA 2K the most lifelike sports game today.
- Everything is Game: Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, and Zion Williamson weigh in on the off-the-court elements that bring 2K to life, including unforgettable cover art, inspiration behind in-game fashion, and the influences behind the best soundtrack in gaming.
- Courtside Reports: This guided conversation puts NBA 2K Executive Producer, Erick Boenisch, and Gameplay Director, Mike Wang, front and center for a Q&A around the making of one of the most beloved gaming franchises in the world.
- Home Court Advantage: An in-depth look at 2K Foundations, the program’s core objectives, previous accomplishments and future plans for global community engagement. Discover the program’s recent court renovation: Cal Johnson Court (Knoxville, TN), hear interviews from Candace Parker, Anthony Davis, and others, as well as kids who shoot on these courts every day, and key community members – all focused on what the court means to the community at large.
- Open Gym: A showcase of how different communities around the world rule the 2K courts. From countries playing for continental bragging rights, to high-profile names claiming their crown in the first Next Gen NBA 2K21 tournament, get your first look at the game that is truly global.
- 2K League Inside the Game: An exclusive Gamer Panel brings together top 2K League gamers for a conversation that traces their journey from amateur to professional, dives deep into the unique 2020 season, and looks ahead to the 2021 season and beyond.
Limited numbers of free Digital PS5 Standard Edition Game Codes will be up for grabs, with terms available here, alongside exclusive Locker Codes. Enter The City or The Neighborhood today only on NBA 2K21 to get a 2KFest virtual sweatshirt for your MyPlayer!