Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, the graphically enhanced version of Virtua Fighter 5, is now available for download for PS Plus subscribers, as well as available for purchase.
One of the big features is the completely redone graphics for the game, with updated models as well as attack effects for the entire cast.
Alongside the classic game modes, such as Ranked, Arcade, Training, and Online Vs., there will also be many esports game modes such as Tournaments that follow the same rules as Double-Elimination and can have up to 16 players, League Matches that are played in a round-robin style, and more.
Legendary Mode DLC For Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
In addition, the game will also include Legendary Mode DLC, which can be purchased separately. The Legendary Mode DLC comes with the following:
- Character customization items (approx. 2,000)
- Character costume types (19 in total)
- Character models from the original Virtua Fighter (39 in total)*
- Stages from the original Virtua Fighter game*
- Battle UI from the original Virtua Fighter game*
- BGM from the Virtua Fighter series (180 tracks in total)
- Match spectator stickers (36 in total)
The game’s prior release was previously only playable via Judgment and Yakuza: Like A Dragon, where the games were packaged in as arcade mini-games for exploring those worlds alongside Virtua Fighter 2.