After all the wondering, Touhou Lost Word will officially have a global version, roughly 7 months after the launch of the Japanese version. Pre-registrations are now open, with the regular milestone rewards offered:
- 10,000: 1x Reimu Hakurei, 1x Marisa Kirisame
- 20,000: 5x Seal Crystals, 1,500x Coins
- 30,000: 10x Seal Crystals, 3,000x Coins
- 40,000: 15x Seal Crystals, 4,500x Coins
- 50,000: 1x Story Card (key visual version)
- 100,000: 20x Seal Crystals, 6,000x Coins
- 150,000: 1x Story Card (key visual version)
- 200,000: 20x Seal Crystals, 7,500 Coins, 1x Story Card (Lively Temple Grounds)
The milestone list notes that 5-star is the highest rarity, and one pull will cost 5 Seal Crystals and 1500 Coins. The official Twitter is hosting a daily Amazon gift card giveaway with 3 winners per day. At present, there is no mention of a launch date for Touhou: Lost Word Global. If we go by the Japanese release, it took close to a year (July 2019 to May 2020) before it released, but hopefully we don’t need to wait this long.
The game is a turn-based RPG which retains the spell card system which work like regular skills, with a “Last Word” ultimate. The Story Cards basically work as equipment for your characters. Besides a variety of illustrators, the game also features music from popular circles, so look forward to that!