Pokemon Duel is a strategy mobile game featuring many Pokemon figures that you familiar with, released recently on iOS and Android platform for free. Here are some tips and guides to help you climbing up in the game!
A team of 6 Pokemon is required to start a match. You will need to choose paths strategically to move your way along the battle field. When both sides’ Pokemon meets, a battle is triggered and each player will need to spin a roulette wheel, which randomly determines the attack. Whoever rolls the highest value normally will win the fight, and the other Pokemon figure will be knocked out.
The battle system is like a variation of Rock, Paper, Scissors game, take a look at the following chart:
In general, we can be sure that Blue > Gold > Purple > White > Red.
So now you know about the rules, lets look on some tips on how you can secure your win.
- Wait Win: Secure a Wait Win by removing all gameplay options from the opponent. This can be archive by blocking both of your opponent’s spawn points and defeat every active Pokemon on board. By this you can make your opponent can’t use their spawn point and unable to send out Pokemon to fight on board.
- Time Out: There will be a timer in PvP matches and you can make good use of it. By play quickly during your turn and keeping your opponent on their toes, you may either force your opponent to make mistakes or potentially run their timer out if they’re not paying attention. When a timer runs out, the player loses the game automatically. A free win!
A little note: There is no more elemental type weakness in the game so it is no longer a matter to worry about.
- Time Boosters: You can only unlock one time booster at a time and you must tap on it to activate its timer manually. However you cannot stock up on time boosters and use them all at once. Of course you can manually open a second time boosters with gems but it is just not worth as its price. It is not recommended to do so, I would suggest you to be patient instead, wait for another booster to finish its counting down,.
- Cubes (Green) – Fuse with a Pokemon Figure to increase the Pokemon’s Chain Level.
- Rare Metals (Blue) – Fuse with a Pokemon Figure to receive experience points for leveling Pokemon.
- Ingots (Yellow) – Can be sold at shops for coins which are useful for fusing Pokemon and performing a team evaluation in Quest Mode.
- Pokemon Duel Booster Tickets: Get a Booster Cases which you will receive Figures, Plates and Materials from opening it.
- Pokemon Duel AI Tickets: Allow players to make a move in League Matches.
About leveling up and evolving
You can level up your Pokemon figures by fusing them. Things you will need for leveling up: Coins and Duplicate Pokemon Figures (to earn Pokemon Exp)/Cubes/Rare Metals. At leveling up, you will be given an option to choose an Attack Move Wedge from the spin wheel to increase in size. This allows you to change one segment from the Miss Attack Wedge of the figure into another of your choice too, which buffs up the attack move chosen and reduce your chance to miss an attack.
For evolving a Pokemon, you will first need to own the evolution as you can get stat bonuses when you actually take time to evolve a Pokemon instead of simply using the evolution you already have. Setup the evolution process by placing the evolution into Edit Figures area in your decks then trigger it. Multiple ways can be used to trigger it, but commonly people will trigger it when knocking out an opponent’s Pokemon using the Pokemon you wish to evolve. 10 points of damage will be added to all white attacks together with an additional star to all purple attacks.
About quest mode
Clearing a stage in Quest Mode will give you some rewards depending on the color the roulette wheel landed on. Red rewards are coins while Blue rewards are usually Pokemon figurines. You can also view the extra challenges for that stage by tapping the 3 stars symbol before starting a Quest mode stage or in the Training Center. Extra gems important for purchasing Time Boosters are given for completing those challenges!
Do share with us if you have any more tips on Pokemon Duel!