Set in 90s China, experience this touching interactive story as penned by Yen Ooi, where decisions you make will decide Sunny’s fate. Guangdong’s sights and sounds are for you to explore, accompanied by vibrant animations and a memorable soundtrack, all the while keeping your car in tip top shape.
Road to Guangdong will be made available on Nintendo Switch through retailers in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and other Southeast Asia territories on 7 August 2020 at suggested retail price of USD29.99 or local equivalent. All physical edition pre-orders will come with a Sandy Manual and two Recipe Cards (packaged separately). Road to Guangdong is fully voiced in English with subtitles localized in English, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, and Russian.
About Road to Guangdong
Sunny’s life is at a crossroads. She knows everything’s about to change. She just doesn’t know how yet. She glances again at the contract. The good news is she’s now the proud owner of her family‘s cherished restaurant. The bad news? It’s seen better days.
A tap at the door announces the arrival of her aunt, Guu Ma.
Yep, everything’s about to change alright. But the “how” part will be decided by a bunch of strangers she’s only seen in faded photographs.
Embark on a Journey of Discovery
On a mission to revive their struggling family restaurant, Sunny and Guu Ma must visit long-lost relatives in search of secrets that will bring diners flooding back. But it won’t be easy. The long trip with her ageing aunt will truly test their relationship as cultural differences bubble to the surface. Only by making tough choices along the way will Sunny discover what fate has in store for her.
Keep Your Car on the Road
A treasured part of her family for longer than Sunny can remember, the car has carried her loved ones through many a crisis. But her beloved vehicle, Sandy, is falling apart and she’ll need a helping hand to respond to this latest emergency. Only careful driving and regular checks under the bonnet will enable her to carry Sunny to the climax of her quest.
Road to Guangdong Main Features
- Penned by author Yen Ooi, this captivating coming-of-age tale is set against the evocative backdrop of 90s China.
- Play your part in a touching interactive story where your decisions decide Sunny’s fate.
- Explore the sights and sounds of Guangdong through vibrant animations and a memorable soundtrack.
- Fall in love with a colourful cast of characters, each with unique personalities and rich backstories.
- Maintain your car by keeping tabs on fuel consumption, tyre wear and engine condition.
- Keep the mechanics away by topping up oil and fuel levels and repairing and replacing worn out parts.