It’s the time of the year for DoTA2 and Valve has revealed the venue of the battle for the Aegis of Champions! Last year’s The International 7 was held in the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington, United States and this time The International 8 will be held in Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada! The teams will face each other starting Monday, August 20th up till Saturday August 25th.
This is the first time the TI is held on Canadian soil and tickets will start selling on Friday, 23rd March at 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM PDT. There will be two ticket types available for purchase which are:
- Midweek ticket: $125 CAD – with attendance to the first four days of the event on August 20th to 23rd
- The Finals ticket: $250 CAD – with access to the last two days of TI on August 24th and 25th
For more information, you may check out the TI8 FAQs site.
The tickets will be purchasable via Ticketmaster.ca which requires you to have a Ticketmaster account. Do log in before the tickets go up on sale for a smooth purchase. With the hype for TI8, there will be huge surge of traffics on the site so it’s best to be prepared.
Below are the date and times of when the tickets will be on sale:
- Seattle: March 23rd at 10AM and 10PM
- Rio de Janeiro: March 23rd at 2PM and March 24th at 2AM
- London: March 23rd at 5PM and March 24th at 5AM
- Berlin: March 23rd at 6PM and March 24th at 6AM
- Moscow: March 23rd at 8PM and March 24th at 8AM
- Beijing: March 24th at 1AM and 1PM
- Singapore: March 24th at 1AM and 1PM
- Seoul: March 24th at 2AM and 2PM
- Sydney: March 24th at 4AM and 4PM
Here’s a site that may help you if you are unsure when the tickets will be on sale in your time zone.