Genshin Impact’s Yelan is known for her rather ‘spicy’ reputation so it makes sense that local Malaysian fusion restaurant Mala Mala has employed her branding for their extra spicy keropok and chili powder.
From the 31st of May 2022 to the 12th of June 2022 the Malaysian restaurant was selling “Super Easy But Delicious Spicy Crunch Keropok” in partnership with Genshin Impact and Yelan.
Yes, unfortunately, the event is now over. We’ll admit this news went completely under our radar but it’s always interesting to see local businesses collaborating with big-name franchises like Genshin Impact.
This is especially true of businesses that really know how to market each character’s specific ‘assets’.
So what did this event entail? Well here are the instructions via Mala Mala’s Facebook Page on how Genshin players could get a special deal at the restaurant for their spicy keropok:
- Get the Genshin Impact App Icon on your phone ready. Or take a snap of your Genshin Impact application icon on your desktop if you’re a PC player.
- Show the app icon at the counter! No launch is needed. No Yelan needed.
- Quest completed! Now you can get your FREE specialty dish reward!
- Show us your Yelan in-game at the counter by phone! Or snap your Yelan gacha screen, save it in your phone first then show us later if you’re a PC player!
- Spend a minimum amount of RM20 on a single receipt.
- Quest completed! Now you can unlock your special extra gift!”
Once again the event is unfortunately over but who knows, perhaps they’ll bring it back one day. Personally, I’d love to try some Yelan-approved spicy keropok.
Mala Mala is an Asian fusion restaurant with outlets in Midvalley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur, and IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.
Genshin Impact is available for PC, PS4, and Mobile Devices.