Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey, an adventure game based on the Shin-Chan series will be launching as a digital release for PS4, Switch, and PC via Steam worldwide on August 11th.
The game is currently available in Japan for the Switch but this will be its international debut.
“Hiroshi has to go on a business trip to Kyushu, so now the entire Nohara family has decided to stay with a childhood friend of Misae’s in Assou, Kumamoto. But when they arrive at Kumamoto Station on their way to Assou, they meet a strange man who offers them an even stranger camera on the condition that they’ll act as his witnesses… With his new camera in hand, Shinnosuke can enjoy his summer vacation in the beautiful Assou fields and mountains to the fullest. The scenery is even crawling with creatures that he would never find in Kasukabe. And there are townspeople to help and new friends to make. That said…don’t these kids look an awful lot like the ones he knows from home?”
Gameplay-wise the game is similar to Animal Crossing or Story of Seasons. You’ll explore a small Japanese town and engage in a number of small but fun activities over your summer vacation:
- Morning Exercise in Assou
- Fun Meals
- Explore as You Please
- Evening Bath
- Picture Diary
- Become a News Reporter
- Catch Bugs
- Catch Fish
- Grow Vegetables
- Help the Stores
- Dinosaur Showdown
- Be a DJ
The game will feature a number of characters from the Shin-Chan anime and a few new faces as well.
- Shinnosuke Nohara (voiced by Yumiko Kobayashi)
- Misae Nohara (voiced by Miki Narahashi)
- Hiroshi Nohar (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa)
- Himawari Nohara (voiced by Satomi Korogi)
- Shiro / Kazuma (voiced by Mari Mashiba)
- Kine (voiced by Tamao Hayashi)
- Bu (voiced by Chie Sato)
- Masaya (voiced by Teiyu Ichiryusai)
- Evil Professor (voiced by Tadashi Miyazawa)
- Hata Aoyama / Narration (voiced by Yukiko Motoyoshi)
- Yoyoko Hinoyama (voiced by Riko Kohara)
- Lalako Hinoyama (voiced by Megumi Nishikiori)
- Cap (voiced by Nobuhiro Fukui)
- Yoshiko Kurogami (voiced by Yuki Kaneko)
- Mott Yamada (voiced by Miki Horiba)
- Shinobu Ginga (voiced by Yuhi Asagiri)
- Ichiro Aoyama / Jiro / Saburo (voiced by Takafumi Maeuchi)
The game is being directed by Kazu Ayabe, known for his work on similar titles with the Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Vacation) series and the 3DS cult hit Attack of The Friday Monster. These are also adventure games where you play as a young boy exploring a Japanese countryside town.
You could say that this new Shin-Chan game is a spiritual successor to these previous works.
Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey will be released on August 11th for PC and consoles.
Discussion about this post