Pixelnauts’ upcoming Party racer Rocket Rumble unveiled a new gameplay trailer, showing off more cute animal-based mayhem.
The game will have you racing with up to 3 other players both locally and online. Race tracks will have power-ups, as well as obstacles to make sure you’re always on your toes, since the situation can change at the drop of a hat. It’s currently planned for a PC release, with no news regarding any kind of console port in the future.
There’ll also be items, giving the game a more Mario Kart-esque feel since it’s going to have methods for more casual players to still maintain a competitive edge.
Rocket Rumble is set for an Early Access release this summer, with a closed beta also planned, though few details have been given about it.
Here’s Pixelnauts’ description of some of the features fans can look forward to in the game:
- Single-screen local and online multiplayer: Invite your friends and family to a fun competition.
- Players choose and fully customize their character: Select between 4 different racers; Riku – the bird of prey, Bert – the pale swine, Pepper – corgi dog, and Ophelia – the silver tabby. And more characters to be added after launch!
- Race across 9 different obstacle courses: Race through an Asteroid Mine, Star Forest, amidst a Galactic Battle and through a dangerous Space Reef, avoiding asteroids, machines, lasers, creatures and plant life.
- Unlock hundreds of new cosmetics: hats, badges, neck decor, eyewear, banner, special rocket trails, custom designs, and NEW characters!
- Brawl your way through the fields: Using items is the heart of Rocket Rumble. Launch rockets, bombs, and electrifying EMPS. Lasso other players and throw them around, deflect rivals with a powerful plasma shield, or rocket your way into first place!
- Fully customize your matches: selecting specific tracks, a custom playlist, or signing up for the full championship, all while specifying the settings such as rules, items, and speed of the game.