SEGA has finally revealed their new game for the mobile called, Revolve8: Episodic Dueling. The game is a real-time strategy game that’s coming to both iOS and Android devices. They have also released a pre-registration for the game or if you are interested, you can also register for their Closed Beta that’s happening from October 23rd to November 2nd 14:00 UTC (22:00 +8 GMT, Malaysia).
Check out their announcement trailer below:
As seen in the trailer, the game is a real-time strategy game that’s alike Clash Royale on a landscape battlefield. Players will need to topple their opponents by summoning units or heroes to destroy their opponent’s base. Just like in Clash Royale, players will need to be mindful of the “mana cost” of each unit they deploy. They also have other game modes which includes Quests and Rank Battles.
Below are details and features of Revolve8:
A brand new real-time-strategy game created by Masayoshi Kikuchi and Koji Igarashi.
This all-star team brings to the table a cast of funky Heroes who will shatter your expectations. The player wields a deck of eight cards, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. They then aim to destroy their opponent’s towers within the time limit of three minutes to achieve victory. The rules are simple, but the cards and powerful Hero skills they use opens up players to fun and strategic real-time duels.
Join our funky fairy tale Heroes as reimagined by Koji Igarashi, including:
- Cinderella: An idol that loves motorcycles. Her producer, the Fairy Godmother, was smart to exploit her mad riding skills which is how she is gaining popularity. But since she still has a lot to learn, her contract has to be renewed every night at 12 o’clock.
- Red Riding Hood: Fashion and social media are all she cares about. Posting the next best pic, getting more followers and likes mean everything!
- Sinbad: An explorer that sails the seas with his crew. People are drawn to him and he leaves a lasting impression wherever he goes, usually for performing some form of heroic deed. However, his vanity increases along with his fame.
- Strategically deep, real-time duels: Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your cards, classified into “Heroes”, “Minions”, “Buildings”, and “Magic”. Choose them wisely to form a strategy and win!
- Guide your strategy with 3 deck types: When a player builds a deck, the game will automatically assign one of the three deck types to it as a way to help set up a strategy.
- Assault Decks: Lets you go deep into enemy lines.
- Siege Decks: Focuses on attacking long distance.
- Counter Decks: Looks for opportunities to counterattack
- Lead your team to victory with 2 skill types: Each Hero has a “Normal Skill” and a “Special Skill”. Special Skills can be used only once by the deck leader, whereas Normal Skills can be used every 30 seconds by one of the Heroes in the deck. These skills can potentially turn the battle around when used correctly.
- Learn the basics by going through Quests: Learn the basics of battle and the strengths / weaknesses of each Hero through single-player quests.
SEGA has yet to announce the official launch date for Revolve8: Episodic Dueling. If you are interested in trying out the game, there’s a Closed Beta registration running from now till October 22nd 14:59 UTC (22:59 +8 GMT, Malaysia). Don’t forget to pre-register too as you will also receive exclusive in-game rewards including a Kintaro (Hero)!