Released in March 2017, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds or more famously known as PUBG, in short, has been a big hit. Unsurprisingly, it has won the 2018 Steam Game of the Year award.
The 2018 rewards were split into a total of eight categories. They are the ‘Game of the Year’, ‘VR Game of the Year’, ‘Labor of Love’, ‘Best Developer’, ‘Best Environment’, ‘Better with Friends’, ‘Best Alternate History’ and ‘Most Fun with A Machine’.
For these awards, invited players had to vote for their personal favourite across these eight categories. They then got a set of digital trading cards as rewards for participating.
The Steam Award winners for 2018:
- Game of The Year (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds)
- VR Game of the Year (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR)
- Labor of Love (Grand Theft Auto V)
- Best Developer (CD PROJEKT RED)
- Best Environment (The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt)
- Better with Friends (Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege)
- Best Alternate History (Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey)
- Most Fun with A Machine (Rocket League®)
A deserved victory indeed, for the popular battle royale game.
You can refer to Steam’s official website to have a more in-depth look at the award winners here.
In other news, PUBG Lite is officially coming to Malaysia this week on February 14. Refer to here for more information.