Square Enix has released a brand-new trailer for Octopath Traveler II featuring more details on the Thief, Cleric and a new job system
Throné, the Thief, embarks on a journey away from the Blacksnakes guild, determined to escape the cycle of bloodshed.
She offers a number of abilities to aid your party’s journey which includes:
- Stealing items from townspeople in exchange of your reputation
- Ambush and knock people that are your blocking your path without triggering a battle
- Automatically triggers Blessing of Darkness during night battles that buffs all offensive stats of your allies
- Her Latent Power, “Leave no Trace”, allows her to act twice in a single turn
Temenos, the Cleric, is an Inquisitor set on solving the mystery of the tragedy that took place in the Church.
He will be guiding the party with his own set of abilities, such as:
- Guide townspeople to take them to a destination or summon them in battle
- Coerce information from people by breaking their shield in battle
- Automatically triggers Moonlight Judgement during night battles that debuffs enemies at the start of battle.
- His Latent Power, “Judgement”, will allow all his attacks to lower enemies Shield Points
Octopath Traveler II also comes with an updated job system where each character can equip a secondary job as they progress in their journey.
All of them can freely equip any secondary job you want. Mix and match the jobs to either help boost their strength or to compensate for their weakness. You’re free to decide.
Mastering these jobs will also unlock Support skills that will passively help you in battle. Some benefit you in battle while others help you outside of battle.
Octopath Traveller II is an RPG game by Square Enix set to release on PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch on February 24th, 2023. The Steam version will be released on the following day.
Discussion about this post