More than 10 new games will be announced during The Game Awards 2018 according to show creator, Geoff Keighley. In addition to the announcements, there will be updates to existing titles as well during the show.
We have such an incredible show coming together for next week. More than 10 new games will be announced for the first time during #TheGameAwards plus updates on existing titles too. We will share some teases in the days to come…. pic.twitter.com/3w17tFIuTA
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) November 27, 2018
We have previously covered the nominees for the upcoming The Game Awards 2018 two weeks ago. Some fan favourites like God of War 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 made it into the list.
Considering how prominent the event is, expectations were high on the possibility of new game announcements. With this tweet, it seems that the expectations are well answered. As teases are expected to arrive in the coming days, it is safe to say that The Game Awards 2018 will attract a lot of viewers in the process.
Currently, voting is still going on now. Fans who have yet to vote can head over to the voting page to do so. Winners are chosen based on votes from both the jury and fans. Votes from the jury will carry 90% of the total score while fan votes carry the remaining 10%.
The Game Awards 2018 will take place on the 6th of December at 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time. The show will broadcast live via Youtube in 4K resolution along with Facebook, Twitter, Mixer, Steam TV, Playstation 4, Xbox Live, IGN, GameSpot, Polygon, MLG and Caffeine.tv. More broadcasters will be announced soon.