Streamline Games’ Bake ‘n Switch was on the floor at Level Up KL this year. Naturally, we had to give the game a shot, so here’s our hands-on experience!
Every game mode has a time limit. Story mode will see four players in a kitchen. While there, players will be able to:
- grab the dough/dodo bird
- throw the dough/dodo bird
- to cook or stack them
- punch other player or enemy creatures
- use power ups, like lightning strike
These four players will work as a team. They’d also have their roles in the kitchen like:
- passing the dough/dodo bird
- stacking the dough/dodo bird, this will increase the points you gain.
- cooking the dough/dodo bird
- killing the enemies (purple spirits and worm like creatures)
If you’re familiar with Overcooked, there’ll be several stages in the world as well. Stages:
- have different conditions and challenges
- have a point system that will be grade the stage in 3 stars
- have star ratings; each star represents a certain amount of points that you earn within the stage
- will need you to score a certain amount for the maximum 3 stars
If you’d rather make the kitchen hell for others, Bake n’ Switch at Level Up KL also has PVP mode! As with the story mode, it has a time limit. Each player will have a point tracker, and they’ll have to toss the dough or dodo birds to the oven to score. The player with the highest points wins.