Kerbal Space Program has earned its reputation for being both scientifically accurate and challenging over the years, and for 2, keeping these concepts while making it more accessible has become one of Intercept Games‘ top priorities. Kerbal Space Program 2 is intended to be more welcoming to newer players, with a number of enhancements for onboarding and approachability.
Alongside guest astrophysicists Joel Greene & Scott Manley, tune in to the developer video below to listen in about in-depth details on the brand new tutorial system, interface improvements, and the philosophy guiding the team toward making the game a fun and educational experience that everyone can enjoy.
Here are the key features for the first Kerbal Space Program:
- Build spaceships, rockets, planes, and vehicles using any imaginable combination of parts, each with their own function that will affect the way your spacecraft behaves.
- Take full control over your ship’s setup to execute complex flight maneuvers.
- Manage your Kerbal crewmembers, including hiring, training, and sending them into space to become heroes.
- Discover a whole star system with unique moons and planets, exploring detailed terrain at a vast scale.
- Send your Kerbal crew outside their ships for “extra-vehicular” activities.
- Dock spacecraft together to construct space stations, massive starships, and surface bases on new planets.
- Use satellites to scan terrain and find biomes and other anomalies.
- Set up communications networks to communicate between your spacecraft and Kerbal Space Center.
- Research and develop new technologies to extract valuable information and resources from all over the solar system, and much more!