Swedish developer Illusion Labs’ newest platformer game, Way of the Turtle, is exclusively available on Apple Arcade! The game follows up on the developer’s previous platformer successes of Bacon Escape and Mr Crab.
Two turtles find themselves stranded on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere. You need to reunite them in this charming adventure/platformer. Of course, trouble brews on this island. This isn’t just any innocent tropical getaway. The island’s inhabitants and even the earth seems cursed by evil magic! Vicious monsters and dangerous obstacles will stand in your way.
Way of the Turtle blends the metroidvania genre, platforming world exploration, RPG elements and character skill progression. Illusion Labs wants to make advanced gameplay enjoyable to everyone, and have made their game more accessible to every type of player.
Controls are easy and smooth to use for both mobile devices and other platforms. Touch gestures allow a more immersive and seamless way to control your character, a technique refined for over a decade. Enjoy the stylized graphics, sound effects and most ambitious soundtrack yet.
- Evolve your character by obtaining turtle shells that hold certain powers. The different
shells grant you the ability to either attack, break out into a dash or shield yourself from
dangerous attacks and hazards.
- You get the choice to play as either Mr or Ms Turtle.
- Many secrets can be found throughout the game, perfect for passionate completionists.
- A charming story with loveable characters.
- Multi-platform seamlessly on macOS, iOS and tvOS.
- Support for Xbox, PS4 and Nimbus controllers.
- Beautiful PBR rendering using their in-house game engine.