Developed by Smile Ax, this new mobile game titled Higurashi When They Cry Mei (ひぐらしのなく頃に 命) has updated their official website with more details regarding the game’s story and characters.
This mobile game title is created based on the franchise’s new anime television series, which will be set to premiere this October. The game is supervised by the visual novel series creator 07th Expansion and features a completely original story by Ichi Kanoki. Ayane performs the game’s theme song “Frustration”.
– Story Synopsis –
In 1983, the volcanic poisonous gas incident costed the lives of 1,200 residents in Hinamizawa.
Kazuho Kimiyoshi revisits her homeland after losing her family in the Hinamizawa Disaster 10 years ago. But what stands in front of her are monsters that no one has ever seen.
Kazuho desperately runs away. When death drives her into despair, a mysterious girl Tamurahime no Mikoto, who calls herself God appears. She gives Kazuho power to fight the monster known as “Tsukuyami” and leads Kazuho to an old shrine.
As Kazuho enters the shrine that oddly gives her a familiar ambience, she finds herself back to the peaceful days in Hinamizawa.
– Characters –
- Rena Ryūgū (竜宮 レナ) – CV: Mai Nakahara (中原 麻衣)
- Mion Sonozaki (園崎 魅音) – CV: Satsuki Yukino (ゆきの さつき)
- Satoko Hōjō (北条 沙都子) – CV: Mika Kanai (かない みか)
- Rika Furude (古手 梨花) – CV: Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり)
– Pre-registration rewards –
- 10,000: Ghost Stone x 300 (Equivalent to 1 time Gacha) (Achieved)
- 20,000: Ghost Stone x 300 (Equivalent to 1 time Gacha) (Achieved)
- 30,000: Ghost Stone x 600 (Equivalent to 2 times Gacha) (Achieved)
- 50,000: SSR [Sinking in the Dark] Ryugu Rena
- 70,000: Ghost Stone x 600 (Equivalent to 2 times Gacha)
- 100,000: Ghost Stone x 1,200 (Equivalent to 4 times Gacha)
For more information regarding future updates, do check out their official Twitter page.