With Shining Beyond launched, and there’s plenty of helpful tips you might have seen circulating around. Here, we collect all of them in one handy post so that you can always be on the right track for your adventure.
DO YOU REROLL?
The consensus appears to be that it is not necessary to reroll, as you can obtain a decent amount of SSR selectors as you play the game. The selectors cannot be used for Valiant heroes, but nonetheless you can still acquire highly ranked heroes.
Upgrading heroes to higher star ranks requires hero shards. Omni Shards are recommended to be saved for Valiant heroes. R Shards are to be converted to SR tickets. In turn, SR Shards can be turned into SSR tickets.
Pure advanced classes is not recommended, due to stats capping at level 30. One way of advancing classes can be done like so:
- Warrior -> Crusader -> Paladin
- Rogue -> Assassin -> Stalker
- Archer -> Ranger -> Stalker OR Archer -> Mage -> Shaman (without Acolyte)
- Acolyte -> Mage -> Shaman
You’ll later on unlock a second intermediate job at 7-stars, and a second advanced job at 9-stars. By the time you get there, you probably have a better idea of what you want.
STATS TO FOCUS ON
Dodge is considered to be still king, being able to fully negate a hit, then putting it on cooldown. With how you can stack the stat to 100%, that’s a guaranteed chance to avoid a hit that could kill your squishier units! For the rest, you can work on the following stats:
- Warriors: Block
- DPS: Crit
- Acolytes: something you need most, nothing specific
NOTABLE SR CHARACTERS
While R characters can be pretty much safely ignored, you can still work on SR characters while you slowly get the base SSR characters.
- Faye (Warrior)
- Being able to heal herself can remove your need to bring a dedicated healer. She won’t have as much stats as her SSR compatriot, Athena, but she’ll sever you well
- Makoto (Rogue)
- Being the only ranged rogue so far means she can stay out of danger and allow healing be focused on your warrior/tank
- C.H.A.O.S. (Archer)
- While his auto attack cannot crit, he has very good active skills. As such, he should go the Mage route
- Gordon (Acolyte)
- If you want a dedicated healer for the early game, then pick him up. Being limited to healing does make it hard to bring him to other content where you don’t need the support
- Buying Dungeon Keys will help you get more runs in said dungeons, leading to more resources and raising your heroes faster.
- With Valientite, buying Class Orbs is considered best for value, then Omni Shards or Job Relics, the latter case if you’re only just starting out.
- While you can increase masteries of skills, it’s not something you need to immediately prioritize.
- Don’t spread your resources too thin. Focus on a core set of SSRs first as Shards will be initially hard to come by.
- Immediately utilize/prioritize higher rarity weapons over upgrading low rarity ones.
Now, sally forth armed with these tips and work on those heroes in Shining Beyond.