As server issues see no signs of abating, Grimlight has reverted into an open beta phase in order to focus on improving the game. The announcement made through the official Discord server can be roughly summarized as follows:
- Apologizes for lack of preparation, operational capabilities and inexperience resulting in server issues
- Will be keeping the game running as is, but all upcoming content, events etc. will be postponed in order to prioritize resolving server issues
- Devs believe that shutting down the game will not improve the situation, and rescheduling the launch will not fix the damage already incurred
- Estimating at least 2 weeks to resolve the technical issues with multiple irregular updates to come
- Account data progress will be saved for launch. Players may ask for full refunds, but your account will be reset and only available once per person. More information to come
- Compensation will be given to all players. Asia server has been basically unplayable, so extra compensation will be provided. Be aware that there is NO SERVER MERGE OR TRANSFERS
You can also read the notice on the game’s official Facebook page.
It’s unfortunate that the game has run into so many issues, but it is at least quite reassuring that the dev team are communicating. Let’s see what happens in two weeks. Until then, whoever who’s able to play the Grimlight open beta (round 2?), be sure to provide your feedback too.