With the arrival of Zhongli, Genshin Impact continues to rake in the profits, hitting close to $400 million in revenue in its mere two months of service. The numbers come from Sensor Tower, estimating $393 million in revenue within the time span. That averages to a staggering over $6 million earnings per day. In its first month, it managed to topple Honor of Kings, and while it has ceded the throne back to the original king – hah – it’s still no less an impressive feat in getting people to spend.
Bear in mind, this $400 million figure for Genshin is for mobile only, so who knows just how much PC and PS4 players have already cashed in too. As far as the breakdown goes:
- China remains the largest market
- Over $120 million / 30.5% of total revenue
- Overseas spending accounts for ~$273 million / 69.5%
- Japan makes up about $98 million / ~25% revenue
- United States is at around $74 million / 18.8%
- Including South Korea, Genshin makes to top 5 grossing mobile game in revenue since release
- Apple transactions make up over $226 million / 57.5% of revenue, with Google Play purchases trailing at almost $167 million / 42.5%
In the coming months, we’ll see how miHoYo can maintain such a profitable venture, which itself is already astounding considering the brand new IP. With a new version update in the near future, that’ll be something to look out for.