Junkfish is a leading independent gaming studio with offices in Singapore and Scotland. The Singapore branch currently has two positions it wishes to fill, a game programmer and a marketing manager.
These jobs were uploaded to Careerbraves.com.
Junkfish has worked on a number of indie games in the past, primarily in the horror genre. These include Monstrum, Monstrum 2, Attack of the Earthling, and Attack of the Earthlings Mobile. These have been released over Steam, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Mobiles devices.
Below are the job descriptions for each Junkfish position:
We are seeking skilled, motivated, talented programmers with a passion for video games and the talent and skills to create them to join our development team. If you enjoy being involved in creating world-class games, have experience using game software tools, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, AND have a passion for game development, then Come PLAY LOUDER With Us!
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor, as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.
- Developing and implementing game software in Unity
- Ensuring that the game design is fully implemented and performs as expected
- Ability to test, debug and optimize existing codes and game features.
- Maintaining/modifying existing code and resolving any issues or bugs.
- Working closely with a lead game developer to create task/project deliverables
- Interface with Quality Assurance, Game Producers, Game Designers, Artists, Mathematicians, and Sound Designers
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with Unity3d, C# / Visual Studio
- Mobile App Development (Android & iOS Experience)
- Game Development Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Certified project management techniques e.g. Scrum
- One released title worked on from start to finish
- Worked on a game either on mobile or PC
We are looking for a marketing manager to work with our business development team in Singapore. You will be part of a rapidly growing and highly creative games development studio developing quality titles across PC, Console, and Mobile platforms.
You will be primarily responsible for the overall management of marketing operations which include strategic planning, and execution of communication plans and promos geared toward acquisition, usage, and retention of users. As Marketing Manager, you will be the champion of the brand and will take full responsibility for setting the direction, crafting, and executing the company’s marketing strategy.
- Developing and executing creative marketing plans and strategies that target a global audience, detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year which focus on meeting organizational objectives.
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns, including direct, online and offline advertising, sales, consumer communication, and promotional activities.
- The achievement of frequent, timely, and positive media coverage for the company and its products across all available media.
- Working closely with the product team to position and promote products and maximize ROI.
- Effectively manage 3rd party agencies and suppliers, as well as actively engage and work across functions such as sales, development, etc.
- Develop go-to-market and live phase product campaigns to build content and engage players.
- Formation and implementation of creative company community management functions.
- Develop, manage and maintain close relationships with partners, as well as supervising and evaluating partners’ marketing plans and implementation.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for games is a MUST
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a brand or marketing manager for fast-moving consumer goods, advertising, retail, telecommunications, or related business.
- Shipped at least 1-2 Mobile App
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented and people-oriented
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including superb ability to dissect data and measure ROI.
- Ability to effectively present ideas; both verbally and visually.
- In-depth knowledge of up-to-date worldwide games industry trends
- Able to craft marketing plans
- Past experience on a horror game title.
- Previous experience working on a multiplayer game post-launch.
- Experience in the gaming industry is desired.
- Experience with PC and Console
Click the links attached to each of the Junkfish position titles to learn how to apply. For more jobs in the video game industry in Malaysia and Singapore, check out Careerbraves.
We wish the best of luck to all potential applicants.