The previously announced Overwatch 2 PVP beta is opening up to players! The first of planned future sessions begins 26 April 2022, 11:00 PT, with players receiving invites over the day for access. Blizzard has released a FAQ for this Overwatch 2 beta session as well:
- Selected participants will get an email with instructions on how to access the beta build.
- Invitations may be extended to more players at a later date.
- If you haven’t, you can opt in to the beta through the Overwatch 2 PVP Beta page.
- Overwatch is required to participate. If you don’t own the game, you can install a free trial version during the beta period.
- Invites can be earned through Twitch Drops, by watching selected streams of the game.
- Beta is currently PC only.
- Applicable regions are North America, Europe, Latin America/Brazil, Korea, Japan, Australia/New Zealand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.
- Beta is planned to conclude 17 May 2022, subject to change based on testing needs.
- No progress will be carried over to the full game, nor will all systems be in place.
- No Mac-specific beta, Windows PC only.
Minimum specifications for this test are provided as follows:
|OVERWATCH 2 BETA SPECIFICATIONS||MINIMUM (30 FPS)||RECOMMENDED (60FPS, MEDIUM)|
|OS||Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)||Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)|
|PROCESSOR||Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650||Intel® Core™ i7 or AMD Ryzen™ 5|
|VIDEO||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 600 series, AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 series||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD R9 380|
|MEMORY||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|STORAGE||50 GB available hard drive space||50 GB available hard drive space|
Discussion about this post