As its second foray into the mobile space, Nintendo is enjoying relative success with Fire Emblem Heroes, beating Game of War and Clash of Clans at some point on the charts. However, much like Pokémon GO, the game looks like it is already starting to cool off.
There is actually very little to do in the game once you clear the campaign. Furthermore, the Arena mode is in dire need of balancing. In other words, the game does not scale well towards the end. Your stamina never increases even as the cost for attempting later missions start to really become evident. The developers are not yet about to address these issues, but they will be introducing a number of changes down the line which should alleviate things.
- Heroes will be able to earn EXP even if they face off units with much lower levels
- The two free orbs you get daily from the App Release Bonus will last until 14 March 2017
- Stamina costs for the Training Tower will remain halved
- Equipping skills will not cost any stamina
- Rewards will be added to the Training Tower between Mondays (2:00AM) and Tuesdays (1:59AM starting from the week of 19 February 2017
Minor updates like these are always welcome, but new content will go a long way at keeping the game alive. The game seems to have implemented an extension of the campaign mode through the Paralogues, so it will be interesting to see where they take it from here.