Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster is now available worldwide for Steam and mobile platforms.
Final Fantasy IV is well remembered for its engaging story of love and betrayal, alongside dynamic characters and battles, with upgraded pixel graphics and audio as a faithful recreation in the 2D pixel remaster series.
The story follows Cecil, a dark knight and captain of the Red Wings, who decides to fight against the tyrannical Kingdom of Baron with his trusted friend and his paramour at his side, and later join forces with Kain the dragoon, Rosa the white mage, Rydia the summoner, and many more skilled allies. FINAL FANTASY IV set the standard for role-playing games with its diverse cast of characters, deep plot and
real-time Active Time Battle (ATB) system, where time moves even during battle, giving the players an exciting sense of urgency. This latest version of FINAL FANTASY IV, brings the original release to life with improvements and updates, including:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics redrawn for modern hardware, featuring iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by the original artist and current collaborator, Kazuko Shibuya
- Beautifully rearranged soundtracks, overseen by the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu
- Improved gameplay, including updated controller and touch controls, modernized UI, auto-battleoptions and more
- Quality-of-life improvements including supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery,music player and the ability to save at any time
Those who purchase Final Fantasy IV on Steam by September 23 will receive early purchase bonuses, including three specially rearranged music tracks, two wallpapers, and a 20% discount. These special tracks transition from the iconic original versions to the new arrangements and include:
- The Red Wings (Timelapse Remix)
- Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (Timelapse Remix)
- Battle 2 (Timelapse Remix)