EA has announced that EA Sports PGA Tour will be launching on March 24, 2023, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via the EA App, Steam, and the Epic Games Store. Pre-orders for the game will also begin today.
EA Sports PGA Tour will be the first PGA game since 2015 and boasts that it is the exclusive home of all four majors in men’s golf – the Master’s Tournament, PGA Championship, U.S. Open Championship, and The Open.
In addition, EA Sports PGA Tour will launch with Road to the Masters which brings tradition and unmatched stakes featuring Augusta National, challenges, tournaments, and gear tied to the Masters. The Masters made its first-ever virtual appearance with EA Sports in 2011, and its return to video games has been highly requested by golf fans. EA Sports will also provide more details on additional live service content throughout the 2023 PGA Tour and LPGA Tour seasons.
“We’re bringing the premier PGA TOUR experience to players around the world with real-world golf data powering incredibly realistic gameplay with every shot, and some of the most iconic courses in the world rendered in painstaking detail,” said Cam Weber, the EVP, and General Manager, for EA SPORTS. “From The Old Course at St Andrew’s Links to Pebble Beach Golf Links and more, we’re giving players the chance to tee off in bucket list golf experiences like never before in EA SPORTS PGA TOUR.”
EA Sports PGA Tour also released an official gameplay trailer today, featuring the all-new Pure Strike shot system. The full trailer can be seen on EA Sports PGA Tour’s YouTube channel and can be watched here:
Pure Strike gives golf fans all the tools they need to realistically attack every hole on every course the same way the pros do.
Featuring ShotLink powered by CDW and TrackMan, Pure Strike also helps ensure that each professional golfer’s unique swing and attributes will be accurately reflected in the game. Pure Strike incorporates the three parts of every golf shot – fluid swing mechanics that are highly accurate to a player’s backswing length and speed of follow through, innovative ball behavior allowing every bounce and roll to behave more accurately across a variety of terrain and course conditions, and lifelike course dynamics that play true to their real-life course counterparts.
In addition to being the exclusive home of all four men’s majors, EA Sports PGA Tour is filled with experiences and content players have been asking for in a golf game, including:
- World Famous Courses – The tee is yours at 30 courses, including some of the world’s most prominent venues such as Augusta National Golf Club, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Southern Hills Country Club, The Old Course at St Andrew’s Links, The Country Club, Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s Ocean Course, Torrey Pines, Evian Resort Golf Club in Évian-Les-Bains, France, East Lake Golf Club, TPC Southwind, The Los Angeles Country Club, Wilmington Country Club and more. EA Sports PGA Tour will also feature the past major host courses in 2021 and 2022 as well as the new 2023 majors courses released post-launch.
- Your Career, Your Way – EA Sports PGA Tour provides players with an RPG-like progression system on the Road to the Masters. As their golf game improves, closer they’ll be to becoming a major champion. Players will be able to create and customize a golfer, develop their skills and master each course to attack every hole like a pro. With 20 shot types available as players progress in the game, they can enhance their skill set for driving, approach, short game, or putting, depending on their style. Players will be able to compete to become a major champion, and take on the PGA Tour’s best events in the season-long chase for the FedExCup, as well as conquer the top Amateur Championships including the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, the U.S. Amateur, and other elite international amateur events.
- The Player’s Championship and FedExCup Playoffs – The Player’s Championship and all three events of the FedExCup Playoffs will be in the game, and players can earn in-game FedExCup points in Career Mode for the opportunity to compete in the FedExCup Playoffs. As part of the Career mode, top golfers at the end of the year will be given the opportunity to win the FedExCup.
- Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) and The Amundi Evian Championship – In partnership with the LPGA, EA Sports PGA Tour allows fans to compete at The Amundi Evian Championship, one of the LPGA Tour’s five major championships, and have the opportunity to play as several female athletes as well as create a female golfer in the overhauled Create-A-Player feature. Players will also be able to participate in a series of LPGA-themed challenges and other events. Iona Stephen will be joining the EA commentary team as the first female on-course commentator in-game, bringing her experienced insights from both playing professionally and working in golf broadcasting.
- True-to-Life Course Visuals – EA Sports PGA Tour will also present the most realistic visuals in any golf game utilizing EA’s Frostbite engine. Using state-of-the-art equipment such as drone technology, custom LiDAR flight helicopters, and more to develop terrain maps, EA Sports PGA Tour depicts courses exactly as they appear in real life. The photogrammetry and scanners were also applied to create precise renderings of clubhouses, iconic vegetation, bridges, tee markers, rock formations, and other on-course elements offering players life-like visual experiences of their favorite courses.
- ShotLink – Utilizing ShotLink powered by CDW, the PGA Tour’s proprietary real-time scoring system since 2001, golfers will authentically be replicated with accurate player ratings, skills, and magnified true-to-life in-game events.
- TrackMan Data – Insights implemented by TrackMan, a world leader in 3D ball flight measurement and swing analysis, is a critical component to authentic gameplay utilizing a myriad of stats including club tuning, flight trajectory, landing position, and much more.
Pre-orders for EA Sports PGA Tour are now available, including the Deluxe Edition where players will receive three-day early access to the game and Augusta National, The Player’s Championship Gear, The Grand Slam Gear Bundle, Scotty Cameron Putter in-game, 1,500 Premium PGA TOUR points, a PGA TOUR XP Bundle and The Master’s gear.
EA Play members will also receive early access to the game, starting with a 10-hour early access trial on March 21. EA Play Pro members will enjoy unlimited access to the Deluxe Edition of the game – as well as the exclusive EA Play Staff Bag starting March 21st. All EA Play members will unlock additional bonuses for EA Sports PGA Tour, with monthly drops of Pro Shop perks such as exclusive headcovers, shirts, hats, and more.
EA Sports PGA Tour will be launching for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on the 24th of March.