After having its launch delayed back in 2018, Bandai Namco has finally announced the release date for Code Vein. The game is now confirmed to be arriving for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One on 27 September 2019.
Code Vein is an action RPG centered set in a post-apocalyptic world. Inspired by the Dark Souls series, it’s a dark fantasy story that talks of a group of vampire-like beings that struggle to survive. These “Revenants” can obtain powers called “Gifts” to aid their survival. In exchange, they will lose their memories and become stricken by an increasing bloodlust. Those who fail to control their bloodlust will become “Lost”.
Here’s an overview from the game’s official website:
The world as we know it is gone. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. Those who remain fight for survival by acquiring Gifts of power in exchange for their memories, and an ever-increasing thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost; fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity who wander aimlessly in search of blood. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in CODE VEIN.
- A story driven connected dungeon experience
- Team up with a cast of AI characters, each with a unique plot and fighting style
- Take on quests with your friends in online co-op
- Customize your character, from appearance to playstyle, to fit the way you want to play
- Choose from dozens of unique “Gifts” that can increase your strength, weaken enemies, or cast powerful attacks
- Become a master of combat: dodge, parry, and unleash combo attacks your foes
- Take on challenging bosses with a myriad of combat options
- Switch your build at any time. Choose from numerous Blood Codes and expand your techniques
- Challenging gameplay that will test your abilities as you face hordes of the Lost.
Update: A brand new trailer for the game pop up soon after we posted this, detailing pre-order bonuses and a Limited Physical Bloodthirst Edition. Here it is for your viewing pleasure!