DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT officially launched in January last year. It was only available for PS4 and you have to pay to get the game. More than a year later, the game will be coming as a free version not just on PS4 but on Steam as well! It was previously available only for Japan but now we assume it is finally going global. DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Free Edition will launch on March 12.
Watch our gameplay video:
If you have been a fan of the game for a while but have not bought it yet, you can check out our review before getting the game. Since the free edition is rolling out very soon, why not try it out? If you are a Final Fantasy fan, more of a reason for you to try it out.
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Free Edition is coming to both Steam & PS4 on March 12th!Try out the game free of charge, and play against those playing the full game with a weekly rotation of characters!
Of course, the free edition will be slightly different compared to the full version. One of the differences include a weekly rotation of characters. Although both are different editions, free edition players can get to play against full edition players. Sort of like a cross-play, how cool is that.
Overview of the free edition:
- Story mode not available for the free edition
- A weekly lineup of 4 free characters that changes every week
- Players can buy starter packs or the full edition to permanently unlock characters
- However, if an unlocked hero becomes part of a weekly lineup, the lineup will stay the same
- The weekly lineup will only feature the original 28 character roster, DLC characters do not appear
- Save file from the free edition can be transferred to the full edition
- Free edition players can play against full edition players
- The online feature requires Playstation Plus