Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition is now available in Japan and parts of Asia. Unlike the full edition, the free edition has major differences from it.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT launched at the end of January 2018. The game garnered hype during its development as fans awaited for a new Dissidia game on the console. The last time the franchise was on a console was Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy in 2011 for the PSP.
NT aimed to be a worthy sequel to its successful prequels. However, the game did not receive positive feedback from the community. Fans complained about the story mode and other aspects of the game that did not compare to the PSP prequels. Somehow, all the feedback made the release of the free version inevitable.
Overview of the free edition:
- Story mode not available for the free edition
- A weekly lineup of 4 free characters that changes every week
- Players can buy starter packs or the full edition to permanently unlock characters
- However, if an unlocked hero becomes part of a weekly lineup, the lineup will stay the same
- The weekly lineup will only feature the original 28 character roster, DLC characters do not appear
- Save file from the free edition can be transferred to the full edition
- Free edition players can play against full edition players
- The online feature requires Playstation Plus
Currently, Square Enix has yet to announce a western release Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition. No information is available on a possible western release. On the other hand, the Asian version comes with 2 languages, Chinese and Korean, only.
For more info on the game, you can check out the official site.