The fourth of the bi-monthly expansions for Civilization VI is available now on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, Mac and Linux. The Civilization VI Babylon Pack adds a new civilization, new units as well as a new game type to the popular turn-based strategy game.
The DLC is the fourth part of the game’s New Frontier Pass, which features bi-monthly DLC for the game.
The DLC adds a new Civilization, allowing you to play as the Babylonians. These come with their own leader, Hammurabi. Here’s some of how this faction will play:
- Civ Unique Ability: The “Enuma Anu Enlil” ability allows Eurekas to provide all of the Science for technologies, but decreases the amount of Science generated each turn.
- Leader Unique Ability: Hammurabi’s “Ninu Ilu Sirum” ability constructs the lowest Production cost building in each specialty district for free the first time that district is built. The ability also grants a bonus Envoy when any other district is constructed for the first time. Does not apply to the Government Plaza.
- Unique Unit: Babylon features the Sabum Kibittum unique unit. This Ancient Era melee unit provides increased Combat Strength against Heavy and Light Cavalry units, and has additional Movement and Sight.
- Unique Building: The Palgum replaces the Watermill. It unlocks with Irrigation and provides additional Production and Housing. It also increases the Food generated by all Freshwater tiles, but requires the City to be adjacent to a River.
On top of that, the DLC also adds a new mode to the game. The “Heroes and Legend” mode adds a more fantasy twist to your games of Civilizations, allowing you to call upon your Civilization’s great heroes.
- New Heroes can be discovered through the Heroic Tales City Project or through exploration and city-state diplomacy.
- Every Hero has one or more unique abilities based on their historic and/or mythic deeds.
- Heroes have a finite Lifespan and expire after a certain number of turns, but can be recalled using Faith to aid your cause once more.
- The first time a Hero dies or expires, they leave behind two Heroic Relic Great Works: an Epic and a symbolic object. These relics can aid their civilization throughout the rest of the game. Monuments can display these items in two new Heroic Relic slots.
The DLC will also see assorted other new content such as new Great People, City-states as well as unique improvements.